Business 40 Construction Project Updates!
Tips for your trip:
Navigation apps and websites to use while planning for your visit:
- Waze: Use this app to share and view real-time traffic and road info with other drivers in your area. You can also see real-time alerts on your route for accidents, traffic jams and more.
- Google Maps:Access this web mapping service for real-time traffic conditions (Google Traffic), route planning for travel, to view street maps and more.
- MapQuest:Visit this website for driving directions, maps, live traffic updates and road conditions.
Maps of Alternate Routes to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
- Rural Hall, Tobaccoville, King Mt Airy
- Reedy Creek, Tyro
- High Point, Archdale, Jamestown
- East Bend, Boonville, Jonesville, Elkin
- Davidson, Lexington, Salisbury, I-85
- Greensboro, Raleigh
- Lewisville, Yadkinville, North Wilkesboro
- Wallburg, Thomasville
- Clemmons, Mocksville, Statesville
Updated: 8/13/2018 6pm
Business 40 Lane Closures in Both Directions Starting August 12
Business 40 Inside Lanes to Close in Both Directions
Starting at 9 pm on Sunday, August 12, the NCDOT will close the inside lanes of Business 40 in both directions at Peters Creek Parkway.
Lanes will be closed throughout the day and night and are expected to reopen September 1.
Ver actualización de la construcción de Business 40.
Business 40 Westbound to Close Nightly
Starting August 12, all lanes of westbound Business 40 between Peters Creek Parkway and Cloverdale Avenue will close at 10 pm and reopen at 6 am, weather permitting. Nightly closures are expected to continue until September 1. Detour around the closure via Peters Creek Parkway, West First Street and Cloverdale Avenue.
See map below:
Closure of Business 40 is Now Scheduled for Mid-November 2018
The NCDOT has announced that the closure of Business 40 between Peters Creek Parkway and US 52 is now
scheduled for mid-November. More detailed information is available on the Business40nc.com website and will
be discussed at the public meetings in October:
- October 9 – BB&T Dash Ballpark
Time: 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Address: 951 Ballpark Way, Winston-Salem 27101
- October 16 – Milton Rhodes Arts Center
Time: 4:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Address: 251 Spruce Street, Winston-Salem 27101
Additional Resources & Tips
- Know alternate routes to use before you leave for your appointment. Depending on where you live, there are several local roads you can use while Business 40 is closed. Start thinking about alternative routes now by using a navigation app or website, and time how long it takes you.
- Build in extra travel time for your trip.
- Drive with caution. Slow down and stay alert for slowed/stopped traffic and construction workers.
- Watch for detour signs. Look for posted detour signs for local road closings.
- Stay informed. You’ll receive a Business 40 monthly update at your doctor’s office. If you have a myWakeHealth account, be sure you know your password to log in. Soon you will receive updates through myWakeHealth.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates.