Cardiac rehabilitation is a medically directed comprehensive exercise, education, and support program for those recovering from and living with heart disease. It is designed to help participants recover quickly, improve physical and mental functioning, and reduce the risk of another cardiac event. Cardiac rehabilitiation is supervised by a team of physicians with specialized training and experience in Cardiology.
Cardiac rehab programs benefit patients who have or have had:
Cardiac Rehabilitation services are intended to:
- Increase your understanding about your condition and treatment
- Help you make the right lifestyle changes to decrease your risk of future heart problems
- Increase your ability to perform your job and your daily or recreational activities
- Provide you and your family with the support and motivation you need to make important lifestyle changes
Heart Healthy resources:
Cardiac Rehab News and Information
Cardiac Rehabilitation Week
Patient classes are held Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 8:00 am, 9:30 am and 10:30 am.
- New Patient appointments: 336-716-WAKE (9253)
- Office: 336-998-1300