Nutrition appointments with a registered, licensed dietitian are available Monday through Friday for patients of Family Medicine physicians. Initial nutrition appointments are 1 hour. Medical nutrition therapy is an important part of patient care at the Family Medicine, an outpatient clinic of North Carolina Baptist Hospital. The dietitians at Family Medicine - Piedmont Plaza are also Certified Diabetes Educators.
The goals of medical nutrition therapy are:
- To keep people healthier throughout their life
- To reduce complications from chronic diseases, such as: diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and obesity
To enroll, contact us at 336-716-4479.
Registered Dietitian/Educator at Family Medicine is:
- Jane Stegner, MS, RD, LDN, BE-ADM,CDE
Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Dietitians provide reliable advice for health and disease prevention.
- Dietitians will develop individual nutrition care plans for clients with short-term and long-term illnesses.
- The nutrition care plan is developed among physicians, the dietitian and the patient.
- Education is available on menu planning, grocery shopping, food preparation, restaurant eating and lifestyle changes to meet health goals.