Skip Navigation

H1B Required Materials Inside the US

Please provide the following materials (PDF scans or paper copies) to the Office of International Services:

  • Your C.V.
  • Your highest degree certificate, translated if the degree is not in English. 
  • The front and back of the I-94 cards.
  • Passport personal data and expiration page.
  • If you are in F-1 student status (or on F-1 optional practical training); copies of all of your I-20 (both sides) and EAD card.
  • If you are in J-1 status; copies of all of your DS-2019 forms and a copy of the waiver of the two-year home-residency requirement (if this applies).
  • If you were ever in H-1B status; copies of all previously issued forms I-797 Notice of Action forms issued by the USCIS.
  • If you are applying for H-1B status to include clinical responsibilities and patient care, you must also provide:
    • Copies of your medical degree certificate 
    • Copies of your unrestricted State license, registration or certificate if required by your specialty
    • Copies of your ECFMG certification
    • Copies of USMLE 1, 2, 3 results
  • Provide International Services with the location of the American Embassy/Consulate location (city and country) you plan to will apply for the H-1B visa.
  • Verification that you are currently employed — per conditions of your valid H-1B status; please provide photocopies of current pay stubs (at least 3-4 months) Please note: This verification is only required if you have H-1B status, are employed elsewhere, and you are moving to the Winston-Salem area.
  • Personal check or money order for $325 (if your department will not cover the fee), payable to Department of Homeland Security.
  • If you would like the H-1B process expedited, speak to your department about the additional Premium Processing fee of $1,225. For details go to the Fees page.

Accompanying Dependents Only 

(Applies only to Inside the US) 

If you have a dependent spouse or children, they must submit:  

  • An original signed (blue ink) Form I-539. This is completed and signed by the dependent family member.
  • One check payable to Department of Homeland Security for $290.
  • The front and back of I-94 cards for each H-4 family member.
  • Passport personal data and expiration page for each H-4 family member.
  • If you were ever in H (H-1B or H-4) status before: Copies of all previously issued forms I-797 Notice of Action forms issued by the USCIS.
  • Copies of the marriage and birth certificates.

Return to H-1B Application Process page

Quick Reference

Pamela Melton
Program Manager


M-F, 10 am - 5 pm
Office of International Services
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
Medical Center Blvd.
Winston-Salem, NC 27407
Ways to Give
Last Updated: 06-13-2016
Wake Forest Baptist Ranked among Nation’s ‘Best Hospitals’  25 Years in a Row by U.S. News & World ReportComprehensive Cancer Centers National Designation is Renewed2017-2018 Best DoctorsNursing Magnet StatusJoint Commission Report

Disclaimer: The information on this website is for general informational purposes only and SHOULD NOT be relied upon as a substitute for sound professional medical advice, evaluation or care from your physician or other qualified health care provider.

© Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston-Salem, NC 27157. All Rights Reserved.