Early and accurate diagnosis of vascular disease can help you
avoid harmful conditions such as clots, which block the flow of blood to your organs.
Sometimes, the best way to detect these problems early is with vascular
ultrasound. At the Wake Heart & Vascular Center, our dedicated facilities
and team of experts conduct vascular ultrasound with a level of accuracy that
few hospitals in the Piedmont region can match.
New patients may request a vascular ultrasound online.
What is vascular ultrasound?
Vascular ultrasound uses high frequency sound waves to produce
images of your blood vessels and arteries. These tests are captured in real
time and show how well blood flows through your blood vessels.
This painless, non-invasive test that can help diagnose conditions
Vascular Ultrasound at Wake Forest in North Carolina: Why Choose Us
At Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, we perform vascular ultrasound tests in our Clinical Vascular Laboratory. This imaging center is one of a few in North Carolina that is dedicated exclusively to diagnosing vascular disease. Features of our laboratory include:
- Team of specialists: Our expert team includes registered vascular technologists and other vascular specialists who perform a broad range of tests including vascular ultrasound.
- Experience. We are a high-volume facility, conducting hundreds of studies per month. Our lab was one of the first in the nation to receive accreditation for vascular testing.
- Expert care: Our technologists have a level of expertise that enables them to consistently provide complete vascular ultrasound imaging tests with definitive interpretations. This can speed the process of diagnosing your condition.
- Advanced care: No other laboratory has more experience in screening for renal and mesenteric artery disease, key causes of kidney failure and hypertension.
We offer the following types of vascular ultrasound:
- Carotid ultrasound: Measures the velocity of blood
flow in your carotid artery in your neck to evaluate for carotid artery stenosis.
- Venous duplex: Evaluates blood flow in the
veins of your arms and legs. We offer lower and upper extremity venous ultrasound to evaluate for DVT and lower extremity ultrasound to evaluate for venous insufficiency.
- Renal duplex ultrasound: to evaluate for renal artery stenosis and renal vein thrombois
- Mesenteric artery duplex ultrasound: to evaluate for chronic mesenteric ischemia
- Physiological and ultrasound testing: to evaluate for peripheral artery disease, wound healing potential, thoracic outlet syndrome and Raynaud’s syndrome.
an appointment online. Or, for more
information, please call:
- 336-716-WAKE or