Update:December 11, 2019
Starting at 9 pm on Tuesday, December 17, and continuing through 6 am on Friday, December 20, NCDOT crews will close lanes nightly on Business 40 between U.S. 52 and Sandy Ridge Road to change exit numbers. Business 40 will be renamed Salem Parkway, with exit numbers continuing U.S. 421 exits.
- New signs will affect eastbound Business 40 traffic first, beginning at U.S. 52 and traveling toward Sandy Ridge Road.
- Crews will then switch to the westbound direction to change signs, returning back to U.S. 52.
Scheduled work will depend on weather conditions. Lanes will not close on Christmas or New Year holidays due to increased traffic.
In January, NCDOT crews will change exit numbers between Cloverdale Avenue and I-40. Be aware of new exit numbers affecting Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center:
- Eastbound U.S. 421/Business 40 to Cloverdale Avenue Exit #4 will change to Exit #234C.
- Westbound U.S. 421/Business 40 to Cloverdale Avenue Exit #4A will change to Exit # 234C.
Tips For Your Trip
Call 336-716-ROAD (7623) for a recorded message with the latest Business 40 news on road work, resources and traffic detours.
- For real time closure information, check NCDOT’s Traveler Information Management (TIMS) maps.
- Check out ncdot.gov and business40nc.com for regular updates.
Navigation apps and websites to use while planning for your visit:
- Waze: Use this app to share and view real-time traffic and road info with other drivers in your area. You can also see real-time alerts on your route for accidents, traffic jams and more.
- Google Maps:Access this web mapping service for real-time traffic conditions (Google Traffic), route planning for travel, to view street maps and more.
- MapQuest:Visit this website for driving directions, maps, live traffic updates and road conditions.
Maps of Alternate Routes to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
- Rural Hall, Tobaccoville, King Mt Airy
- Walkertown, Walnut Cove
- Reedy Creek, Tyro
- High Point, Archdale, Jamestown
- East Bend, Boonville, Jonesville, Elkin
- Davidson, Lexington, Salisbury, I-85
- Greensboro, Raleigh
- Lewisville, Yadkinville, North Wilkesboro
- Wallburg, Thomasville
- Clemmons, Mocksville, Statesville