Tips For Your Trip
Call 336-716-ROAD (7623) for a recorded message with the latest Business 40 news on road work, resources and traffic detours.
- For real time closure information, check NCDOT’s Traveler Information Management (TIMS) maps.
- Check out ncdot.gov and business40nc.com for regular updates.
Navigation apps and websites to use while planning for your visit:
- Waze: Use this app to share and view real-time traffic and road info with other drivers in your area. You can also see real-time alerts on your route for accidents, traffic jams and more.
- Google Maps:Access this web mapping service for real-time traffic conditions (Google Traffic), route planning for travel, to view street maps and more.
- MapQuest:Visit this website for driving directions, maps, live traffic updates and road conditions.
Maps of Alternate Routes to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
- Rural Hall, Tobaccoville, King Mt Airy
- Walkertown, Walnut Cove
- Reedy Creek, Tyro
- High Point, Archdale, Jamestown
- East Bend, Boonville, Jonesville, Elkin
- Davidson, Lexington, Salisbury, I-85
- Greensboro, Raleigh
- Lewisville, Yadkinville, North Wilkesboro
- Wallburg, Thomasville
- Clemmons, Mocksville, Statesville
Additional Alternate Routes Maps
- Downtown Health Plaza
- One Technology Place
- Piedmont Triad Community Research Center
- Richard H. Dean Building
- Wake Forest School of Medicine
- Bowman Gray Center
- Biotech Place
Also beginning November 17, the Liberty Street, Main Street and Church Street bridges will be closed for replacement and construction of the new Strollway land bridge. All will open in the summer of 2019.
Keep in mind that the following are the last exits open when approaching the closure:
- Traveling west to east on Business 40, Peters Creek Parkway will be your last exit.
- Traveling east to west on Business 40, U.S. 52 will be your last exit.