Severe Weather Alert Update: 2 pm Tuesday, Dec. 11
All Wake Forest Baptist Health clinics and Urgent Care locations in Winston-Salem will open at normal time on Wednesday, Dec., 12.
Locations in Asheboro, Lexington, Wilkes, Hickory, High Point, Greensboro, Mt. Airy and Elkin will open at 10 am on Wednesday, Dec. 12, except for the following location which will open at 8 am:
If you have questions, please contact your clinic directly. Find your clinic online.
Conditions and Treatments
- Conformal External Beam Radiation Therapy
- Volumetric Arc Radiotherapy (VMAT)
- Bone Tumor
Ratings and Reviews
77 Ratings 10 Comments
|CP concern for questions/worries||4.9|
|CP efforts to include in decisions||4.9|
|CP explanations of prob/condition||4.8|
|CP spoke using clear language||4.9|
|Friendliness/courtesy of CP||4.9|
|Likelihood of recommending CP||4.8|
|Patients' confidence in CP||4.9|
|Time CP spent with patient||4.9|
|Wait time at clinic||4.5|
The overall Patient Rating score is the average of responses to the nine questions listed below. The questions are from the Press Ganey Patient Experience Survey. Responses are measured on a 1 to 5 scale, where 1 represents "very poor" and 5 represents "very good.
- BS, State University of New York - Binghamton, 1997
- PhD, Duke University, 2004
- MD, Duke University, 2005
- Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, 2010
- American Board of Radiology, Radiation Oncology
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Society of Therapy Radiation & Oncology
- Associate Professor, Radiation Oncology
Wake Forest Baptist accepts most major health insurance plans for hospital, physician and clinic services and participates in Medicare and Medicaid government programs. For more information, visit Billing and Insurance.
This chart is a list of the most common health insurance plans we accept. This list is subject to change. Please check your individual plan to confirm their participation and the coverage allowed.
Due to the different physician groups and hospitals within the Wake Forest Baptist system, physician services and hospital services are billed separately. Please remember that health insurance coverage varies, so some services may not be covered.
If you don’t see your plan or you have questions, please call our Customer Service Center at 877-938-7497. We will do our best to work with you and your plan.
WFUHS - Wake Forest University Health Sciences (physician services)
NCBH - North Carolina Baptist Hospital
Davie - Davie Medical Center
LMC - Lexington Medical Center
CHC - Cornerstone Healthcare
Wilkes - Wilkes Regional Medical Center
N/A - Not applicable to services provided at facility and/pr CHC
NC - Not contracted, very low to no volume for facility and/or CHC
|WAKE FOREST BAPTIST HEALTH|
|MANAGED CARE CONTRACTS - December 2017|
|AETNA (PPO & HMO)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|BCBSNC (PPO & HMO)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|CAROLINA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||X||X||N/A||N/A||X||N/A|
|CIGNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|CIGNA HEALTHSPRING MEDICARE ADVANTAGE||X||X||X||X||X||N/A|
|CIGNA LIFESOURCE (TRANSPLANTS)||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|CRESCENT PPO (ASHEVILLE)||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|FIRST HEALTH (COVENTRY)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|FIRSTCAROLINACARE (PINEHURST, NC)||NC||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|GATEWAY HEALTH ALLIANCE (VIRGINIA)||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|GOLDEN RULE INS (UNITED)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|HEALTHGRAM (formerly PRIMARY PHYSICIAN CARE)||X||X||NC||X||NC||NC|
|HUMANA MEDICARE ADVANTAGE||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|LIBERTY ADVANTAGE (MEDICARE ADVANTAGE)||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|MAGELLAN (BEHAVIORAL HEALTH)||X||X||N/A||N/A||X||N/A|
|OPTUMHEALTH (TRANSPLANTS - APPLICABLE TO NCBH/WFUHS ONLY)||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|PREFERRED CARE OF VA INC||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|SOUTHERN HEALTH SVCS (COVENTRY-PPO ONLY)||X||X||X||NC||X||NC|
|TWIN COUNTY (VIRGINIA)||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|UNITED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||X||X||N/A||N/A||X||N/A|
|UNITED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH INTENSIVE OUTPATIENT PROGRAM (WFUHS ONLY)||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|UNITED HEALTHCARE MEDICARE||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|LEXINGTON ONLY - Contracts specific to support Lexington employer groups, low volume|
|NATIONAL PROVIDER NETWORK/MEDICAL RESOURCES|
|CHC ONLY - Contracts specific to support CHC|
|AETNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH|
CIGNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH (limited providers)
|THN - TRIAD HEALTH NETWORK MA Plans only (Humana Medicare and Healthteam Advantage)|
|N/A = not applicable to services provided at facility and/or CHC|
|NC = Not Contracted, very low to no volume for facility and/or CHC|
|WFUHS - Wake Forest University Health Sciences (professional services)|
|NCBH - North Carolina Baptist Hospital|
|DAVIE - Davie Medical Center|
|LMC - Lexington Medical Center|
|CHC - Cornerstone Healthcare|
|Wilkes - Wilkes Regional Medical Center|
- Prognostic factors in HIV-positive patients with non-Hodgkin lymphoma: a Peruvian experience.. Cuellar LE, Anampa-Guzmán A, Holguín AM, Velarde J, Portillo-Alvarez D, Zuñiga-Ninaquispe MA, Luna-Reyes ER, Vásquez J, Jeter JM, Winkfield KM. Infect. Agents Cancer. 2018; 13:27.
- Carl Mansfield, MD, ScD, FACR, FASTRO (1928-2018).. Heron DE, Suntharalingam N, Winkfield KM, Regine WF. Int. J. Radiat. Oncol. Biol. Phys. 2018 Jul; 101(4):765-766.
- The Hidden Costs of Medical Education and the Impact on Oncology Workforce Diversity.. Vapiwala N, Winkfield KM. JAMA Oncol. 2018 Mar; 4(3):289-290.
- Very low-dose versus standard dose radiation therapy for indolent primary cutaneous B-cell lymphomas: A retrospective study.. Goyal A, Carter JB, Pashtan I, Gallotto S, Wang I, Isom S, Ng A, Winkfield KM. J. Am. Acad. Dermatol. 2018 02; 78(2):408-410.
- Management and outcomes of women diagnosed with primary breast lymphoma: a multi-institution experience.. Lalani N, Winkfield KM, Soto DE, Yeap BY, Ng AK, Mauch PM, Jimenez RB. Breast Cancer Res. Treat. 2018 May; 169(1):197-202.