Ratings and Reviews
396 Ratings 39 Comments
|CP concern for questions/worries||4.9|
|CP efforts to include in decisions||4.9|
|CP explanations of prob/condition||4.9|
|CP spoke using clear language||4.9|
|Friendliness/courtesy of CP||4.9|
|Likelihood of recommending CP||4.9|
|Patients' confidence in CP||4.9|
|Time CP spent with patient||4.9|
|Wait time at clinic||4.6|
The overall Patient Rating score is the average of responses to the nine questions listed below. The questions are from the Press Ganey Patient Experience Survey. Responses are measured on a 1 to 5 scale, where 1 represents "very poor" and 5 represents "very good.
- BA, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1977
- MD, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine, 1981
- Internal Medicine, North Carolina Baptist Hospital, 1982
- Internal Medicine, North Carolina Baptist Hospital, 1984
- Dermatology, North Carolina Baptist Hospital, 1993
- American Board of Dermatology, Dermatology
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine
- Forsyth-Davie-Stokes Medical Society
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American College of Physicians
- American Medical Association
- Professor, Dermatology
Wake Forest Baptist accepts most major health insurance plans for hospital, physician and clinic services and participates in Medicare and Medicaid government programs. For more information, visit Billing and Insurance.
This chart is a list of the most common health insurance plans we accept. This list is subject to change. Please check your individual plan to confirm their participation and the coverage allowed.
Due to the different physician groups and hospitals within the Wake Forest Baptist system, physician services and hospital services are billed separately. Please remember that health insurance coverage varies, so some services may not be covered.
If you don’t see your plan or you have questions, please call our Customer Service Center at 877-938-7497. We will do our best to work with you and your plan.
WFUHS - Wake Forest University Health Sciences (physician services)
NCBH - North Carolina Baptist Hospital
Davie - Davie Medical Center
LMC - Lexington Medical Center
CHC - Cornerstone Healthcare
Wilkes - Wilkes Regional Medical Center
N/A - Not applicable to services provided at facility and/pr CHC
NC - Not contracted, very low to no volume for facility and/or CHC
|WAKE FOREST BAPTIST HEALTH|
|MANAGED CARE CONTRACTS - December 2017|
|AETNA (PPO & HMO)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|BCBSNC (PPO & HMO)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|CAROLINA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||X||X||N/A||N/A||X||N/A|
|CIGNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|CIGNA HEALTHSPRING MEDICARE ADVANTAGE||X||X||X||X||X||N/A|
|CIGNA LIFESOURCE (TRANSPLANTS)||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|CRESCENT PPO (ASHEVILLE)||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|FIRST HEALTH (COVENTRY)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|FIRSTCAROLINACARE (PINEHURST, NC)||NC||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|GATEWAY HEALTH ALLIANCE (VIRGINIA)||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|GOLDEN RULE INS (UNITED)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|HEALTHGRAM (formerly PRIMARY PHYSICIAN CARE)||X||X||NC||X||NC||NC|
|HUMANA MEDICARE ADVANTAGE||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|LIBERTY ADVANTAGE (MEDICARE ADVANTAGE)||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|MAGELLAN (BEHAVIORAL HEALTH)||X||X||N/A||N/A||X||N/A|
|OPTUMHEALTH (TRANSPLANTS - APPLICABLE TO NCBH/WFUHS ONLY)||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|PREFERRED CARE OF VA INC||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|SOUTHERN HEALTH SVCS (COVENTRY-PPO ONLY)||X||X||X||NC||X||NC|
|TWIN COUNTY (VIRGINIA)||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|UNITED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||X||X||N/A||N/A||X||N/A|
|UNITED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH INTENSIVE OUTPATIENT PROGRAM (WFUHS ONLY)||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|UNITED HEALTHCARE MEDICARE||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|LEXINGTON ONLY - Contracts specific to support Lexington employer groups, low volume|
|NATIONAL PROVIDER NETWORK/MEDICAL RESOURCES|
|CHC ONLY - Contracts specific to support CHC|
|AETNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH|
CIGNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH (limited providers)
|THN - TRIAD HEALTH NETWORK MA Plans only (Humana Medicare and Healthteam Advantage)|
|N/A = not applicable to services provided at facility and/or CHC|
|NC = Not Contracted, very low to no volume for facility and/or CHC|
|WFUHS - Wake Forest University Health Sciences (professional services)|
|NCBH - North Carolina Baptist Hospital|
|DAVIE - Davie Medical Center|
|LMC - Lexington Medical Center|
|CHC - Cornerstone Healthcare|
|Wilkes - Wilkes Regional Medical Center|
- Public Perception of Ethical Issues in Dermatology: Evidenced by New York Times Commenters.. Martin E, Huang WW, Strowd LC, Hinkel VS, Feldman SR, Williford PM. Dermatol Surg. 2018 Dec; 44(12):1571-1577.
- Web App- and Text Message-Based Patient Education in Mohs Micrographic Surgery-A Randomized Controlled Trial.. Hawkins SD, Koch SB, Williford PM, Feldman SR, Pearce DJ. Dermatol Surg. 2018 07; 44(7):924-932.
- Association of pain and itch with depth of invasion and inflammatory cell constitution in skin cancer: results of a large clinicopathologic study.. Yosipovitch G, Mills KC, Nattkemper LA, Feneran A, Tey HL, Lowenthal BM, Pearce DJ, Williford PM, Sangueza OP, D'Agostino RB. JAMA Dermatol. 2014 Nov; 150(11):1160-6.
- Electrosurgery: part I. Basics and principles.. Taheri A, Mansoori P, Sandoval LF, Feldman SR, Pearce D, Williford PM. J. Am. Acad. Dermatol. 2014 Apr; 70(4):591.e1-591.e14.
- Electrosurgery: part II. Technology, applications, and safety of electrosurgical devices.. Taheri A, Mansoori P, Sandoval LF, Feldman SR, Pearce D, Williford PM. J. Am. Acad. Dermatol. 2014 Apr; 70(4):607.e1-607.e12.