How to Apply
Summer 2018 Dates and Deadlines
The WFIRM Summer Scholars 10-week program begins Thursday, May 31, 2018 and concludes on Wednesday, August 8, 2018.
Summer Student Requirements
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.85 or higher (4.0 scale)
- Be a citizen or a permanent resident of the U.S. or be eligible to work at Wake Forest for the 10-week summer program.
- Be enrolled in a degree-granting program at a college or university in the United States, Puerto Rico or other U.S. territory.
- Pursuing a 2-year or 4-year degrees in biology, biotechnology, engineering, bioengineering, biotechnology, chemistry, computer science, mathematics, pre-medicine, or other related STEM field
- Have completed at least two semesters of undergraduate education by the start of the 2018 summer program.
- Have a strong interest in pursuing a graduate, PhD and/or MD
- Be at least 18 years of age by first day of program
The 2018 Summer
Scholars Program application materials required include:
- Completed Online Application Form
- Two Letters of Recommendation to be emailed or mailed as described in the section below:
- "Official" Academic Transcripts to be
emailed or mailed as described below:
Postal Mail (must be postmarked by January 15, 2018): Joan F. Schanck, MPA, Director Summer Scholars Program, Wake
Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine, Wake Forest University Health
Sciences, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston-Salem, NC 27157-7290.
>> View the 2018 Summer Scholars flyer
>> Announcing New NSF REU Site Component - Engineering new REU Approaches to Challenges in TERM
Questions should be sent to Joan F. Schanck, MPA at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 336-713-1201.