- 2 (15.5-oz) cans no-salt added chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 2 each garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 3 cups chopped roasted chicken
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 bag whole grain pita chips
- Place beans and garlic in a food processor; pulse 5 times or until chopped. Add ½ cup water and remaining ingredients; pulse 5 times or until chopped. Add ½ cup water and remaining ingredients; pulse until smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- Spread mixture on a large serving platter. Spread cooked chicken over the top. Sprinkle chopped red pepper over chicken.
- Serve with pita chips.