- 1 fl. oz. egg substitute or 1/4 cup egg whites
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 thin slice lean ham
- 1 slice low-fat cheese, 2%
- 1 English muffin, 100% whole wheat
- 1 cup microwaveable container
- Cooking spray, canola
- Optional toppings: avocado, tomatoes
1. Put English muffin in the toaster.
2. Shake egg substitute well.
3. While muffin is toasting, take microwaveable container (1 cup size) and spray a small amount of cooking spray into it.
4. Pour egg substitute so that it fills the bottom of the container up to 1/2 inch.
5. Add a sprinkle of pepper and salt, if desired.
6. Microwave on 1/2 power for 1 minute. Take container out and shake it a bit so that the liquid egg moves to the outside.
7. Microwave on 1/2 power for 30 seconds to one minute. Take out of the microwave before completely dry, since the egg will continue to cook on its own.
8. Take muffin from toaster and place ham and then cheese on one half of the English muffin.
9. Remove egg from container and place it on top of cheese.
10.Cover with other half of muffin. Serve alongside fruit for a balanced plate.