- ½ cup regular or red quinoa
- ½ Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Kernels from 1 ear corn
- 1 small zucchini, cut in small dice
- 2 Tbs. cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled queso fresco or feta (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat, and add the onion. Cook, stirring, until tender, about five minutes, and add the garlic, corn and zucchini. Season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, until the zucchini is tender and translucent and the corn tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in the quinoa and toss together.
- Heat through, add cilantro and serve with a little crumbled queso fresco or feta sprinkled on top if desired.