- ¾ cup farro
- 2 tbsps. water
- 1 tbsp. tahini
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- ¼ cup water
- 2 ½ cups packed fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 tbsps. fresh lemon juice
- In a saucepan, cover the farro with water and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over moderate heat until just tender, 12 minutes. Drain and transfer to a medium bowl. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes, until chilled.
- In a small bowl, whisk 2 tablespoons of water with the tahini and olive oil.
- In a skillet, heat the vegetable oil. Add the farro in an even layer and cook over high heat, stirring once, until toasted, about 5 minutes. Add 1/4 cup of water and the spinach and cook over moderate heat, stirring a few times, until the greens are just tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in the tahini mixture and remove from the heat. Stir in the lemon juice and season with salt. Transfer the farro mixture to a bowl. Serve immediately.