Wake Forest Baptist Health's skin care specialists are experts at using the Rejuvapen™ microneedling device to give their patients a healthier and more youthful look.
Benefits of Microneedling
Microneedling is a non-surgical treatment that uses the body’s natural responses to create more collagen. Benefits of microneedling include:
- Reduced fine lines and wrinkles
- Controlled oil production and fewer breakouts
- Diminished discoloration and a more even skin tone
- Increased cell turnover
- Reduced inflammatory response
- Overall brightened skin tone
- Softer, smoother skin
What to ExpectFirst, our skin care specialist will apply a numbing cream to the patient’s face. Then, we will use the Rejuvapen and its nine microneedles to poke small holes into the skin.
After the treatment, there may be some sensitivity and redness. Patients should stay out of the sun for 48 hours. Multiple treatments are generally recommended.