Update 6/12/2020: We will be moving our location from 300 Gatewood Avenue High Point to 1400 E. Hartley Drive Suite B High Point effective June 26th, 2020. The first date we will be open at E. Hartley will be July 1st, 2020.
We are a comprehensive resource center providing education and resources toward prevention and treatment of diabetes. We offer nutrition services, wellness education, weight management, group and individual education for type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes and gestational diabetes as well as insulin and diabetes medication administration.
We have 2 goals. To identify and treat asymptomatic people who have risks factors for developing diabetes, or who have pre-diabetes, helping to reduce their risk of complications and reduce their health care costs. And to help those who have diabetes to regain their highest functional level, minimize the negative effects of the disease, minimize hospital visits and prevent complications.
We are proud to be the only stand-alone diabetes resource center in High Point.
We offer weight management and education for those who have pre-diabetes, diabetes or suffer from obesity. If you have been diagnosed with pre-diabetes or with being obese by your physician, you can self-refer to utilize these services.
Diabetes Education and Management
- Nutrition and individualized meal planning
- Carbohydrate counting classes
- Label reading classes
- Specialized weight management
- Access to community resources
- Foot, skin and dental care guidelines
- Behavior change strategies, goal setting, risk factor reduction and problem solving
- Preconception, pregnancy and gestational diabetes guidelines
- Education resources in Spanish and English, as well as other languages
Insulin and Diabetes Medication Administration
- Self blood-glucose monitoring
- Benefits, risks and management options for improving glucose control
- Insulin pump training and management
- Continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion pump assessment and education
- Seven day continuous glucose monitoring