You do not have to know how to swim to enroll in classes. Classes are led by qualified personnel trained in fitness, arthritis and water safety. The warm water pool is located on the ground floor of the J. Paul Sticht Center,on the campus of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center.
Please complete and return the Aquatic Program Application form.
What You Will Need
Please bring with you water/deck shoes to wear in the pool area. We encourage you to eat a light meal or snack 2 hours prior to class time and drink lots of water.
- Towel service
- 90 degree warm water pool
- Small class sizes
- Certified Arthritis Instructors
- Aquatic Fitness Programs
- Licensed Recreational Therapists
- Accessible locker rooms & showers
- Accessible pool lift
- Learn to Swim Lessons available for children 4-12 and for adults.
- Parent-Tot program available for Children 1-3. Please call for details
When we receive your application, we will contact you regarding your class of choice.
Exercise On Your Own Opportunities
These classes offer personalized aquatic exercises that you complete at your own pace. Instructor on-site.
Monday and Wednesday
5 pm – 6 pm
Monday – Friday
Noon – 1 pm
2 times per week $25/month
3 times per week $40/month
or $5 per visit
Tuesday and Thursday
2 pm – 3 pm
Aquatic Prenatal Program
Drop in at any of the above mentioned times. Same fee as above.
Adult Swimming Lessons
This course aims to build confidence in the water and teach basic swimming skills.
- Four private 30-minute sessions: $120
- Four semi-private 30 minute sessions: $72.00 each
Parent-Tot Aquatic Program
This program is designed for children ages 6 months to 3 years and their parent, or other legal care provider. All children must be accompanied in the water by an adult at all times. The adults and children are not required to know how to swim in order to participate. The class will be limited to 5 participants and their parent/caregiver. This class will be conducted by a Learn to Swim Instructor.
- Provide parents basic handling skills to work with their children in the water.
- Allow children opportunities for water exploration, exercise and fun.
- Provide a nurturing recreational and social environment that is beneficial to the parent/child relationship.
- Provide an environment where each child and parent/caregiver will pursue individual goals and benefit from several components of warm water.
Structure: Group setting. Different techniques will be presented in each class.
Schedule: For class dates, please contact call 336-713-8190.
Fee: $5 per person per class
Location: J. Paul Sticht Center warm water pool on WFBMC campus.
Clothing: Swim diapers are required if your child is not potty trained.
Swimming: Parents must be comfortable in the water.
Class contingent on 4 participants
To register for classes, please contact Debbie Drayton.
Please fax completed application to 336-713-8193 (Fax) or call 336-713-8190.
Children’s Swim Program
- One-time $10 Registration Fee (cash or check to Wake Forest Baptist Health)
- Pre-Registration is Required; Space is Limited
- Towels are provided
- Please re-enroll for additional sessions
Please call 336-713-8190 for start dates. Availability based on having 4 swimmers
Monday through Thursdays 4 - 4:45 $10 per class:
December 3, 4, 5 & 6; Dec 17, 18, 19 & 20
Learn to Swim Class
Fee: $75 for 8 sessions
|Monday and Wednesday||Tuesday and Thursday|
January 7 to January 30
|January 8 to January 31
February 5 to February 28
March 5 to March 28
April 2 to April 25
April 30 to May 23
June 4 to June 27
July 9 to August 1
August 6 to August 29
September 10 to October 3
October 8 to October 31
November 5 to November 26
Cardio Splash Class
Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 10 am
A cardiovascular exercise program for adults designed to help you improve your cardiovascular endurance with moderate impact on your joints.
Mix It Up! (High Intensity)
Tuesday and Thursday at 1 pm
High Intensity exercises and toning
Aqua Ducks (Low Intensity)
Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 1 pm
Low intensity program with specially designed exercises utilizing equipment.
Arthritis & Fibromyalgia Classes
Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 2:00pm; Fee:$50
Tuesday and Thursday 3:00; Fee: $35