- 8 thinly sliced unpeeled Granny Smith apples
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tbs. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ tsps. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. freshly ground nutmeg
- ½ cup cranberry juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tbs. canola or olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Coat a 13x9x2 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Add the apples, cranberries and lemon juice. Toss to combine. Spread into an even layer.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Sprinkle mixture evenly over fruit. In a bowl, combine juice, honey and oil and drizzle over oat mixture.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the apples are tender.
Test Kitchen Tip: Serve with fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt or frozen yogurt, if desired.