- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup reduced fat buttermilk
- 1 ½ lbs chicken tenders (about 18)
- 1 ¼ cups freshly grated Parmesan (if available, 2% milk parmesan)
- ¾ cup Italian-style seasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- Coat each of 2 heavy large baking sheets with cooking spray (Pam Olive Oil preferred). Place the buttermilk in a large bowl. Add the chicken tenders and stir to coat. Let stand at least 15 minutes and up to 30 minutes.
- Stir the Parmesan and bread crumbs in a pie dish. Remove the chicken tenders from the buttermilk and dredge them in the bread crumb mixture to coat completely, pressing to adhere. Arrange the coated chicken tenders on the prepared baking sheets, spacing evenly. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of oil over the chicken tenders and bake until they are cooked through and golden brown, about 15 minutes.