- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup green peppers, sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2/3 cup low fat ricotta cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place the spaghetti squash on a baking sheet. Pierce it on all sides with a knife. Bake in the oven for 60min, or until easily pierced with a knife.
- While you're waiting for squash to bake, sauté peppers & onions in 1tsp of olive oil in a medium sized saucepan. When onions are translucent, add oregano, garlic powder, basil, tomatoes and tomato sauce and remove from burner
- Allow squash to cool and cut in half. Spoon out seeds and pulp. Using a fork, scrape out the spaghetti squash, separating the strands as you go.
- Place spaghetti squash in a bundle of dish towels and squeeze out some of the moisture.
- Add squash to tomato sauce and toss together. Add half of the ricotta cheese and toss again
- Pour mixture into an oven safe baking dish & top with remaining ricotta
- Bake under broiler until browned on top (about 5-7 minutes)
- Serve immediately or freeze in small portions for a "busy day"
Serving Size: ½ cup (recipe makes 4 servings)