- 1 ½ lbs sweet potatoes, peeled (2medium potatoes)
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- ¼ tsp salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut the potatoes lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick matchsticks, and toss with the oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake until the "fries" are tender and crisp, about 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tip: Sprinkle with ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg before serving, if desired.