- 3 lbs. chicken, cut into small pieces
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 tbsp. chopped garlic
- Salt & pepper
- 6 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 jar (7oz.) roasted red peppers
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika (pimentón de la Vera)
- 1 pinch saffron (optional)
- 3 ½ cups low sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 cups white medium grain rice
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large deep pan (rice will be cooked here, too) heat the oil and saute the chicken until golden on all sides. Remove chicken to a warm platter.
- Add the onion, garlic, and parsley to the oil and saute until the onion is soft. Add red peppers, smoked paprika, saffron, broth, wine, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Add the rice and cook over medium high heat, uncovered, for about 20 minutes, stirring until the rice is semi-dry but some liquid remains. Add the chicken to the rice.
- Cover and cook over low heat for about 20 minutes. Turn the rice and the chicken over with a fork from bottom to top; cover and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Transfer rice and chicken to a serving platter and garnish with a little parsley.
Tip: If desired, 1 package (16 oz) frozen green peas can be stirred in during the last 10 minutes of cooking.