- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup whole natural almonds, coarsely chopped
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup canola oil or butter substitute
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries, raisins or blueberries
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed kernels
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place oats and almonds in a 13 x 9–inch metal baking pan coated with cooking spray. Combine oil and syrup in a small saucepan over low heat; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring to combine. Pour mixture over oat mixture; toss to coat.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes; stir. Bake an additional 10 minutes. Add cranberries; bake an additional 6 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan. Stir in sunflower seed kernels.
- Transfer granola to an airtight container. Store up to two weeks.
Makes 20 servings.