- 1 cup millet
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut into halves or quarters
- 1 onion, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 to 16 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup half-and-half
- 1 Tbs. sage, minced
- 3 Tbs. lemon juice
- Toast millet in a medium pot over medium high heat until fragrant and just golden brown, 3 to 6 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water bring to a boil; cover and simmer until the liquid is almost absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let rest, covered, for 5 minutes; uncover and fluff with a fork.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add Brussels sprouts, onions, salt and pepper and cook until golden, about 5 minutes; transfer to a large bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet, add mushrooms, salt and pepper; cook until mushrooms are golden and liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes.
- Add half-and-half and sage and simmer until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add to bowl with Brussels sprouts; add cooked millet and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
Top with chopped walnuts to add crunch. Walnuts also add protein for a vegetarian meal.