- 6 quarts Cold water
- 3 Scallions, trimmed and sliced
- 10 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Red onion, sliced
- 1 tbs. Peppercorns
- 6 Bay Leaves
- ½ Bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 2 lbs. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbs. Finely diced shallots
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbs. Lemon juice
- 5 tbs. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. Chardonnay vinegar
- ¼ cup Fresh Parsley
- Place water, scallions, garlic, salt, red onion, peppercorns, bay leaves and parsley in a stockpot and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer gently for 15 minutes to allow the flavors to infuse.
- Place chicken, into simmering stock, ensuring it is fully submerged. Very gently poach chicken until an internal temperature of 160°F is reached.
- Remove pot from stove and allow chicken to steep in the stock for 1 hour to complete the cooking process.
- Remove chicken from stock and serve with mustard vinaigrette.
- Mustard Vinaigrette: combine shallots, mustard, salt and lemon juice in a bowl. Slowly stir in oil, then vinegar and finally parsley and mix well.