- 1 tbsp grated lemon peel
- 5 tbsp fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- ¼ cup thinly sliced basil leaves
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. cooked shrimp, crab or chopped roasted chicken
- 8 (1/4-inch thick) ripe tomato slices
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- Combine lemon peel, 3 tablespoons juice, and remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Reserve 1 ½ tablespoons juice mixture. Add remaining 2 tablespoons juice, corn, and next 4 ingredients (through shrimp) to remaining juice mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Arrange 2 tomato slices and 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes on each of 4 plates. Drizzle about 1 teaspoon reserved juice mixture over each serving. Top each serving with 1 cup corn and shrimp mixture. Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving time.
- Variations: Add 1 fresh coarsely chopped avocado, if desired. Serve with crisp wheat crackers, if desired.