Nothing compares to meeting your baby for the first time. At Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist High Point Medical Center, we have everything you need to make that moment - and every moment surrounding it - as special, safe and comfortable as possible.
We provide top-notch care and support throughout labor, delivery and recovery. This includes a specialized obstetrics team, private birthing suites and advanced newborn care on-site - all in an atmosphere designed with growing families in mind.
No matter what your birth story looks like, count on us for the care you need, the experience you want, and the peace of mind you deserve, every step of the way.
Why Choose Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist for Maternity Care?
Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist delivers unmatched expertise and support starting the day you find out you’re pregnant - or the day you realize you need help getting there.
In addition to our expert OB/GYNs and certified nurse-midwives, we’re the only health system in the region with specialists in both fertility and high-risk pregnancies. Plus, with direct access to the region’s most advanced NICU at Brenner Children’s Hospital, you can feel confident you and your baby are in the very best hands.
Services and Amenities
Our maternity center has everything you and your baby need for a safe, comfortable stay.
Care and Support
No matter how routine or high-risk, we have everything you need for a healthy, safe delivery. This includes an obstetrics nurse navigator - who will guide you through hospital services, processes and resources - as well as:
- Labor and delivery care
- C-section delivery, with a private surgical suite and recovery room
- Postpartum services
- Level II Special Care Nursery for infants needing additional support*
- Breastfeeding support from international board-certified lactation consultants
- Restricted access unit and specialized infant security system for safety
- In-room infant hearing screening services after your baby is born
*If even more advanced care is needed, your baby gets seamless connection to the region’s most advanced NICU at Brenner Children’s Hospital.
Labor, Delivery and Recovery Suites
We have private birthing suites custom-designed for labor, delivery and recovery after your baby is born. In addition to a home-like atmosphere and a handicap-accessible room, all rooms have:
- Birthing balls and peanut balls for labor positioning
- Sleep chair for your support person
- Flat-screen TV
- Storage for personal items
- Personal items by request, including nighttime comfort packs, like eye masks and ear plugs
- A menu for room service, including late-night snacks
Dining, Shopping and More
You and your family will enjoy the convenience of our:
- On-site cafeteria
- Gift shop in the main lobby
- Free parking
- Private waiting rooms for guests