- 2 ½ lbs. collard greens-rinsed, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 4 strips turkey bacon, sliced into thin strips
- 1 ½ cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1 ¼ cups chopped onion
- 3 bay leaves, ripped
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 tbs. white or apple cider vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place turkey bacon, onion, bay leaves, and red pepper flakes in a large pot. Saute´ contents until fragrant and onions become translucent. Add chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir collard greens into the pot, and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to simmer, and cook for 50 minutes to an hour or until greens are tender.
- Season with vinegar to taste.