- 1 Tsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 each whole wheat pizza crust
- 2 ounces pizza sauce
- 1 cup grated low fat mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan
- 2 Tsp fresh basil leaves (or ½ tsp dried)
- Place a pizza stone on the middle rack of the oven and preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
In a medium size sauté pan, add olive oil and heat over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the onions to the hot oil and cook until well browned, about 8 to 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate. Spread the pizza sauce over the dough.
- Sprinkle with the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, basil and sautéed onions.
- Bake until the pizza crust is nicely browned, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from the oven, transfer to a cutting board, cut into slices and serve immediately.