- 2 small eggplants, cubed
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cans “no salt added” diced tomatoes
- 1 can precooked “no salt added” beans (kidney, great northern, pinto etc), drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chopped broccoli, cooked
- 1 clove garlic, minced or garlic powder to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups fat free, reduced sodium, chicken or vegetable stock
- Season with ground pepper and oregano to taste
- 1 Tbsp light sour cream, or plain fat free yogurt for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Chop the eggplant and sweet potato, arrange in a roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer roasted vegetables to saucepan with stock and other ingredients. Bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until the liquid is moderately reduced.
- Stir in a spoonful of light sour cream or yogurt and serve.