- 1 cup whole millet grain, soaked overnight in 4 cups water
- ½ tsp. salt (optional)
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves or allspice
- 3 tbsp. butter substitute or almond oil
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 2 each ripe apples or peaches, diced
- 2 each ripe pears or nectarines, diced
- Vanilla Greek yogurt (optional)
- ½ cup toasted almonds, chopped
- If you forgot to soak the millet overnight then combine the millet and 2 cups of water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 35 minutes over low heat. Then remove from heat, fluff with fork and cover for and additional 10 minutes. Then follow the rest of the directions.
- Without draining, add salt to the soaked millet and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer over low-heat for 25 minutes or until the grain is tender. Remove from heat and stir in cinnamon, cloves, butter substitute and extract. Mix thoroughly.
- Lightly stir in the fruit. Divide into serving bowls. Top with yogurt if desired
- Top with the chopped almonds.