- 1/3 cup Onion, small dice
- 1/3 cup Chopped parsley
- 2 ½ lbs. Plum tomatoes, slices in ¼” rounds
- ¼ tsp. Dried oregano
- 2 tbs. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. Fresh Pasta
- ½ cup Fresh basil, leaves torn
- Heat oven to 400° F. with rack in middle
- Line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Spread onion and parsley onto the prepared sheet tray. Arrange tomato slices in a single layer over onion mixture. Season with oregano and drizzle with oil. Bake until tomatoes are tender, about 25 minutes.
- When tomatoes are almost finished, cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Drain and transfer pasta to a large serving bowl.
- Add tomato mixture and 1/2 of the basil; gently toss to combine, then adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve immediately garnished with the remaining basil and an extra drizzle of olive oil.