- 1 ½ pounds skinless boneless chicken breast, cut in ½-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) cannellini beans
- 2 cans (14 ½ oz.) low sodium diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 teaspoons garlic flavored salt-free seasoning
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup grated carrot
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté chicken and onion for 5 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned.
- Transfer to a 5 ½ to 6 qt. slow cooker. Stir in beans, tomatoes, corn and spices.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 3 to 5 hours or until chicken is no longer pink.’
- Stir in chopped cilantro.
- Garnish with shredded carrot and green onions.
Chef Betty’s Tip: Substitute your favorite bean for the cannellini beans, if desired.