- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. Splenda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 2 tsp. butter, melted or canola oil
- 1/2 cup seltzer water, or club soda
- 1/4 cup orange juice, divided
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup Splenda
- 1 cup low-fat or nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 1/2 tsp. Splenda
- Combine whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, Splenda, salt, eggs, milk and butter (or oil) in a food processor or blender; process until smooth, scraping the sides once or twice. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Slowly whisk seltzer water (or club soda) into the crepe batter. Lightly oil a small nonstick skillet with a crumpled paper towel; heat the skillet over medium-high heat. Ladle about 2 tablespoons batter into the skillet with a small ladle or measuring cup; immediately tilt and rotate the pan to spread the batter evenly over the bottom.
- Cook the crepe until the underside is lightly browned, about 30 seconds. Using a small metal spatula or a fork, lift the edge of the crepe, quickly grasp it with your fingers and flip. Cook until the second side is lightly browned, about 20 seconds longer. Slide the crepe onto a plate.
- Continue to cook crepes with the remaining batter, oiling the pan as needed and stacking crepes as you go.
- Mix 2 tablespoons orange juice and cornstarch in a small bowl. Combine strawberries, dried apricots, Splenda and remaining 2 tablespoons orange juice in a saucepan; bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cook, stirring often, until the strawberries are tender, 2-3 minutes. Add the cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring constantly until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Whip cream in a small bowl until soft peaks form. Add Splenda and continue whipping until firm peaks form. Fold in the yogurt.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons filling over one half of each crepe. Fold the unfilled side over the filling, then fold the crepe in half to make a fan shape. Serve with vanilla cream and garnish with additional fresh sliced strawberries.