Coolsculpting is a non-invasive procedure that is FDA cleared for the treatment of visible fat bulges under the chin, and on the thighs, abdomen, flanks, bra fat, back fat, upper arms, and under the buttocks.
Coolsculpting works by actually freezing fat cells, while causing no harm to the skin itself. The cooling treatment causes apoptosis to occur, which is the biological process of cell death. After the fat cells die, they are processed as waste and excreted through the body. Because fat cells are actually removed, patients will notice a slimmer look in the treated areas and that clothing fits better. Coolsculpting is not a treatment for weight loss, and patients are encouraged to try and not gain significant weight afterwards to prevent untreated areas from appearing larger and possibly disproportionate.
What to Expect from your CoolSculpting Treatment
- Treatments can range from 35 minutes to slightly over an hour in length per site. Patients treating multiple sites can expect to be in the office for a few hours. We encourage patients to bring reading material, tablets or computers, and phones to help pass the time.
- Initially, when the applicator is applied, there is a suction-like feeling and a brief period of intense cold. Once the optimal cooling temperature is reached, any discomfort felt at first will subside.
- Sensations of pulling, tugging, tingling, and intense cold are normal during the procedure.
- Following the procedure, typical side effects may include redness, bruising, stinging, tingling, tenderness, cramping, and aching. These are temporary and will resolve within a few days to a couple weeks.
- Patients may notice results within one month but the full effect of the treatment is usually not seen for a full three months.
Coolsculpting is available at Cosmetic Dermatology - Country Club in Winston Salem, NC where we have been performing this treatment since 2015. Our Coolsculpting team includes highly trained estheticians and a cosmetic nurse. As part of the Wake Forest Baptist Health community, we can offer this procedure, along with many others, in a medical office setting, with onsite physicians to oversee any questions or issues that should arise.
Call us at 336-716-1864 or 336-716-2973 to schedule a consultation today.