Each February, guests gather at Graylyn for Winterlark, the annual event for the Cancer Patient Support Program (CPSP) at Wake Forest Baptist’s Comprehensive Cancer Center. Funds are raised through corporate and individual sponsorships, tickets sales, live and silent auctions and raffle items donated by businesses and individuals. Since it began in 1983, Winterlark has raised more than $6 million for the CPSP, which ministers to the social and psychological needs of patients and their families as they face the daily challenges of a cancer diagnosis and treatment. The program's services develop and maintain a positive, healing outlook from diagnosis through survivorship and are provided free of charge.
Cheers! has a more casual atmosphere where guests enjoy wine—from North Carolina and around the world—as well as craft beer and amazing food from area restaurants and caterers. Cheers! is growing in 2018 and will feature two nationally known celebrity chefs who will host a Chef Showcase and a Kid’s Baking Contest, making an exciting multiday event! Funds raised through corporate and individual sponsors, tickets sales and live auction will support the building of a new Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Brenner Children’s Hospital.
You don’t need experience to host an event to support Wake Forest Baptist—just the energy and enthusiasm to make it happen!
Each year, individuals, organizations, companies, schools and passionate community members raise money by holding fundraising events to benefit Wake Forest Baptist. All events, large or small, play a significant role in raising awareness and much-needed support for our innovative medical research and world-class care. You are making a big difference in the lives of our patients.
Here are a few community fundraisers that have been held to support Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center and Brenner Children's Hospital.
- Tiger Kim's World Class Tae Kwon Do held a Health Kick Tournament to support Brenner's Child Life Department.
- Bad Daddy’s Burger Bar donated 25 percent of their sales from one day of business.
- Advanced Appliance Service donates $5 for each customer who posts on their Facebook page.
Here are some ways you can make an impact:
- Dress-down day at your place of work for a donation
- Yard sale, lemonade stand or car wash
- Organize a change drive
- Donate a percentage of sales during a designated time period or number of customers
- Compete in a local race, whether it is running, walking, cycling or whatever, and ask friends and family to sponsor you
- Mark birthdays, anniversaries and other milestones with a donation to Wake Forest Baptist
To ensure the best possible outcome for your event, we have developed event guidelines, an event form and a FAQ that will help keep your fundraiser aligned with our mission and image. It is vital that we approach donors in a consistent and coordinated fashion so that we can all help enrich patients' lives and care here at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center.
The event form must be submitted and reviewed by the Office of Philanthropy before you hold your event, so please submit it as early as possible in the planning process.
We are truly grateful for those who support Wake Forest Baptist through community fundraising events.