At Female Pelvic Health Services, we focus on conditions common in women that can have a profound negative impact on quality of life. The major conditions we treat include:
- Stress incontinence
- Overactive bladder
- Fecal incontinence/accidental bowel leakage
- Pelvic organ prolapse (fallen or dropped bladder, bladder prolapse)
- Painful bladder syndrome/ interstitial cystitis (IC)
- Recurrent urinary tract infection
- Voiding dysfunction
- Vaginal mesh complications
- Pelvic pain
- Vesical vaginal fistula
- Rectal vaginal fistula
- Postpartum healing issues
Non-Surgical and Surgical Treatment Options Provide Comprehensive Care
Surgical and non-surgical treatment options are offered to help our patients achieve pelvic health. Innovative options to treat pelvic floor conditions include:
- Special exercises and therapies to strengthen pelvic floor muscles
- Pelvic floor physical therapy with biofeedback
- Surgical management for prolapse and incontinence
- Percutaneous tibial nerve stimulation for urinary incontinence
- Urodynamics study to test how well the bladder, sphincters and urethra hold and release urine
- Cystourethroscopy - a procedure that allows examination of the inside of the bladder and urethra
- Anorectal manometry - a test that measures how well the rectum and anal sphincter are working
- Pelvic floor ultrasound to diagnose conditions such as endometriosis, fibroid tumors or anatomic abnormalities
- Anal ultrasound to map out fistulas prior to surgery and to look for tears, lesions and scarring
Because we focus on cutting edge innovation, we can often offer patients access to the latest therapies before they are widely available.
Pelvic Health Services Care Team
We look forward to working with you to find the best solution for your health concerns.
Female Pelvic Health Services is under the leadership of co-directors, Gopal Badlani, MD, and Catherine A. Matthews, MD.
Our team was created to provide comprehensive and innovative care. Our providers are specialists in pelvic organ prolapse, incontinence, painful bladder syndrome, recurrent urinary tract infections, and other conditions.
Along with this expertise, your care team includes:
- Dedicated nurses and nurse practitioners
- Physician assistants
- Physical therapists
- Highly knowledgeable residents and fellows
Our health care providers are experts in their fields and are experienced in treating the full array of pelvic conditions. We look forward to working with you to find the best solution for your health concerns.