Premier Surgery Center, part of High Point Medical Center, is a multispecialty ambulatory surgery center where a wide range of outpatient procedures are performed. Our staff has many years of experience, particularly in the care of outpatient surgical patients, and will provide discharge education to you and your family to facilitate your recovery at home.
Our surgery center has been designed with your convenience, comfort and well-being in mind.
Premier Surgery Center is licensed by North Carolina as an Ambulatory Surgery Center
- When your physician’s office schedules your procedure, you should complete the assessment form given to you by your physician’s office. Keep it with you for reference when our nurse contacts you to discuss the assessment by phone. If you like you may fax it to 336-878-6339 (FAX).
- One of our nurses will contact you to review your assessment information based on the date of your procedure. If you have not received a call 2 business days before your procedure, please call our assessment office at 336-878-6197. If the nurse is unable to answer your call at that time, leave your contact information as requested in the voice mail for a return call. Information on the assessment provides our staff with important aspects of your medical history, so we are able to provide you a quality outpatient experience.
- Contact your physician’s office on the workday (Monday-Friday) before your procedure to find out what time your procedure is scheduled. Plan to arrive at the time given, but no earlier than 6:15 am.
- Bathe or shower before your procedure. You may brush your teeth and rinse your mouth, but do not swallow any water.
- Please wear casual, loose fitting clothing that is comfortable and easy to change.
- Wear glasses instead of contact lenses and bring a case for your glasses. If you must wear contacts, bring your lens case and plan to remove them.
- You may wear light make-up unless you are having facial or eye surgery.
- Jewelry should not be worn the day of your procedure. All body piercing(s)/jewelry must be removed. Premier Surgery Center is not responsible for lost or damaged valuables.
- Please bring your current insurance card, method of payment and photo ID.
- Unless instructed differently, you should not have anything to eat or drink, including water, gum or mints, after midnight before your procedure. This restriction is for your safety, decreasing the risk of nausea and vomiting and other serious consequences. It is important to drink plenty of liquids during the evening before surgery, but up to midnight only.
- Notify your physician if you suspect you are pregnant or have experienced any health changes since your last office visit such as a cold, flu, high fever or other signs of infection. This may require that your procedure be postponed.
- One parent or guardian must remain at Premier Surgery Center during a child’s entire stay. Bring a favorite stuffed toy, security blanket, pacifier or special bottle, with clear juice (not milk or juice with pulp), for use after surgery. Breast milk is acceptable after surgery.
- Be sure to arrange for a responsible adult (age 18 or older) to drive you home following your procedure and assist you, overnight or longer, with postoperative instructions and care.
Upon arrival, you will register and sign an Authorization and Acknowledgements form. Privacy information (HIPAA) will be provided to you for review upon arrival.
You will sign a consent for your surgery/procedure. If applicable, you will speak with a member of our anesthesia department about your anesthesia options and sign a separate consent for anesthesia.
A gown and robe will be provided for you and your clothes will be given to your family to keep for you until after your procedure.
Please limit the number of family members or friends who accompany you to Premier Surgery Center. After your preoperative admission is complete, 1 or 2 people may stay with you until your procedure and rejoin you during the final phase of recovery. If an adult patient’s responsible party finds it necessary to leave the premises, please notify the receptionist. At least 1 parent or legal guardian of a pediatric patient (child up to age 18) is required to remain at Premier Surgery Center before, during and after their child’s procedure. We have a separate waiting room/play area for children.
Vending machines, wireless internet and complimentary coffee are available for our visitors.
Premier Surgery Center and the surrounding grounds are tobacco/electronic cigarette free.
Following your procedure, you will be in one of our comfortable recovery areas. Your family may join you during your final phase of recovery. You must have a responsible adult (age 18 or older) to drive you home and stay with you, overnight or longer, depending on your type of procedure and anesthesia. You may not drive yourself home or travel alone by bus, taxi or any other mode of transportation.
Upon discharge, all pediatric patients must be secured in a child protective seat according to state law.
Our business office staff will give you an estimate of your charges based on information from your physician’s office. For your convenience, our business office staff will obtain insurance information that will enable us to estimate the percentage of your bill not covered by insurance.
If you do not have medical insurance, or if all or part of the estimated cost of your procedure is not covered by your insurance policy, you will be expected to pay the non-covered portion on or before the day of your procedure. Please call 336-878-6068 to speak with one of our billing representatives and advise her if you have concerns or want to discuss payment options.
Final charges are based on procedure(s) actually performed, which may result in a different charge than the estimate given. Payment arrangements must be made before you arrive for your procedure. Payment may be made by cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express or debit card.
Premier Surgery Center charges a standard fee, determined by the actual procedure(s) performed by your physician. The fee includes medications, supplies, preoperative and postoperative nursing care and use of the operating and recovery rooms. There may be an additional charge for some implants.
The fee does not include any physician fees (e.g., anesthesiologist, surgeon, radiologist or pathologist). You will be billed separately by the physicians who are involved in your procedure. For some insurance companies, implants and certain supplies will be billed by a third party provider for implants/supplies provided to the patient at Premier Surgery Center.
Your procedure may be cancelled if:
- You do not follow instructions about NOT eating and drinking prior to your procedure.
- You are late for your procedure.
- You have not made arrangements for a ride home with a responsible adult (age 18 and older).
- You have not made arrangements for a responsible adult to stay with you, overnight or longer, depending on your type of procedure and anesthesia.
- You have not stopped a medication if instructed to do so.
- You are sick on the day of your procedure. Notify your physician’s office if you have had any changes in your health such as a high fever, cold, flu or signs of infection.
- You may be pregnant.
- You do not bring legal papers if instructed to do so (e.g., Power of Attorney, Court Appointed Guardianship).