Sportsmen’s Saturday is a premier community fundraising event for outdoor enthusiasts hosted by the Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist – Lexington Medical Center Foundation. Our Honorary Chairman is Richard Childress of RCR Enterprises. The 10th anniversary of this event was held in 2019 but was put on hold for 2020 due to COVID-19 restrictions and safety. The Foundation had hopes of returning this year to an in-person event, but COVID-19 cases have once again surged causing a strain on our health systems and communities. The pandemic is not fully behind us and as a leader in protecting the health of our community, the 2021 Sportsmen’s Saturday will be a virtual-only event.
The Sportsmen’s Saturday event is NOT CANCELLED and all purchased raffle tickets are still valid. As planned, we will have the ticket drawing on Saturday, October 30 starting at 12 noon, but instead of gathering in-person we will Webcast the event so everyone can enjoy the excitement from the comfort and safety of their own home.
The Lexington Medical Center Foundation is pleased to announce that all 2,000 tickets for the raffle sold out before the “Early Bird” deadline of September 15. All ticket holders are eligible for both the cash and raffle prize drawings.
Hosts for the Webcasted event will be Bill James, President, Atrium Heath Wake Forest Lexington Medical Center and Eric Montross, an Academic All-America at the University of North Carolina, member of the 1993 UNC National Championship Team, and a nine year NBA veteran.
Raffle Prize DrawingsOctober 30, Noon
- 2021 Sea Doo Spark and Trailer
- Remington 870 Express
- Henry 22LR Golden Gun
- Big Green Egg and Grill Package
- Ruger American 243 with Vortex Scope
- Glock 19X
- Glock G43 9 MM
- Bernelli Super Vinci Black Synthetic
- 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 Crew Cab
- Avalon Pontoon Quad Lounger with 60HP Tohatsu Motor and 22” Trailer
- 2021 Kubota 2-Person Sidekick XG 850
- Libery-Gun Liberty Safe with 36-Gun Capacity
- Plus over $10,000 in cash prizes!
Moving the event to a virtual format allows anyone to watch. Auction items that were previously offered only at the live event, are now online and available for anyone to bid on.
Bidding: October 23 - October 30 at 12:30 pm
Preview items, register and bid: http://bidpal.net/sportsmens2021
- Private Pheasant Hunt at Primland Resort
- RCR Shop and Museum Tour hosted by Chocolate Myers
- VIP Wine Tasting and Tour at Childress Vineyards
- Wild Game Dinner for 4
- 4 UNC Basketball Tickets - Big Ten/ACC game
- BBQ Meal for 20
- Catered Steak Dinner for 12
- Framed Bob Timberlake Giclée
- Golf, Dinner and Overnight Stay at Old North State Club
- Tours and Tastings at Goose & Monkey Brew House, Bull City Ciderworks, Sophie’s Cork & Ale
- $1,000 Med Spa Package
A big thanks to all the businesses or individuals that donated items to the online auction. Bidding opens on October 23 and will conclude on Saturday, October 30 at 12:30 pm. Winners will be announced during the Webcast event.
All proceeds from the event will go toward the purchase of the new da Vinci Robotic Surgical System at Lexington Medical Center.
The Lexington Medical Center Foundation invites everyone to tune in to the Webcast event on Saturday, October 30 at 12 noon and bid on the online auction items. (Link to event coming soon.) For more information, call the Foundation office at 336-238-4559.