Effective Tuesday, June 9, 2020
Wake Forest Baptist Health has gradually began easing family presence and visitor precautions implemented due to COVID-19. The updated precautions below apply to all Wake Forest Baptist locations.
- To ensure the safety of our patients and health care workers, please do not accompany patients casually or come to our medical facilities for casual visits. We need to continue limiting the number of people in waiting areas as much as possible.
- Family members and visitors still may not visit patients who have tested positive for COVID-19 or are patients under investigation (PUI) for COVID-19.
- All family members and visitors are required to wear a mask that properly covers the nose, mouth and chin while in any Wake Forest Baptist facility.
At Lexington Medical Center, the visitation hours are 6 am - 8 pm for adult and pediatric patients.
- From 6 am to 5 pm, visitors may enter through the Outpatient Center Entrance located off of Emergency Drive. Our Main Entrance located on Hospital Drive remains closed.
- From 5 pm to 8 pm, visitors may enter through the Emergency Department Entrance located off of Emergency Drive.
All visitors must:
- Wear a mask at all times while inside the facility.
- Be prepared to have their temperature taken at the entrance.
- Wash / sanitize hands upon arrival and exiting.
- Maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet between others in the facility.
- We limit visitation to one visitor at a time per patient per day, for up to a maximum of 4 hours per day.
- One adult/support person free from illness – fever, cough, cold or stomach virus symptoms – may accompany a patient. This includes patients who are hospitalized, undergoing same-day procedures, or being seen in one of our emergency departments or outpatient clinics.