Construction is scheduled to begin on a new helipad at Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center that will impact vehicle and pedestrian traffic in and around the parking decks.
The care tower is expected to be completed in 2026.
The following changes have already begun:
- The entrance and exit to Deck A at Medical Center Boulevard has temporarily closed as rehabilitation work is taking place in the lower levels of the parking deck.
- The entrance and exit to Deck A by the circular drive near the main Medical Center entrance will remain open.
- Deck B remains open at this time.
- One lane of Medical Center Boulevard from Deck C to Cloverdale Avenue has temporarily closed to make room for a large crane and other construction equipment. Fencing has already been placed to block the lane.
- The pedestrian bridge that connects Deck C to Ardmore Tower will be permanently closed.
- The exit lanes from Deck B and C to Medical Center Boulevard will be reduced depending on the construction phase.
- The entrance and exit to Deck C from Cloverdale Avenue and the pedestrian bridge that connects Deck C to the Comprehensive Cancer Center will remain open.
Circular Drive at Main Entrance:
- The drop-off areas at Reynolds Tower, Ardmore Tower and Janeway Tower in the circular drive at the main Medical Center entrance will remain open.
We are asking those who need to access the Medical Center to allow extra time and to be patient and understanding with each other and with the parking attendants.