Patients and Visitors: Please allow at least 30 extra minutes to park and get to your destination on campus. During construction, parking is free for patients and visitors who park in Decks A, B and C. Please take your parking ticket to a Medical Center entry point for validation and present your validated ticket when exiting the deck to receive free parking. Thank you for your patience and understanding with each other and our parking attendants.
Construction is underway on a new helipad at Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center that is impacting vehicle and pedestrian traffic in and around the parking decks.
The helipad is being built in preparation for a new $450 million care tower that will include an upgraded emergency department, state-of-the-art operating rooms and enhanced adult intensive care units.
The following parking and traffic pattern changes have begun:
- The entrance and exit to Deck A at Medical Center Boulevard has temporarily closed as rehabilitation work is taking place in the lower levels of the parking deck.
- The entrance and exit to Deck A by the circular drive near the main Medical Center entrance will remain open.
- Deck B remains open at this time.
- One lane of Medical Center Boulevard from Deck C to Cloverdale Avenue has temporarily closed to make room for a large crane and other construction equipment. Fencing has already been placed to block the lane.
- The pedestrian bridge that connects Deck C to Ardmore Tower will be permanently closed.
- The exit lanes from Deck B and C to Medical Center Boulevard will be reduced depending on the construction phase.
- The entrance and exit to Deck C from Cloverdale Avenue and the pedestrian bridge that connects Deck C to the Comprehensive Cancer Center will remain open.
Circular Drive at Main Entrance:
- The drop-off areas at Reynolds Tower, Ardmore Tower and Janeway Tower in the circular drive at the main Medical Center entrance will remain open.