Conditions and Treatments
- Management of Coexisting Chronic Health Conditions
- Age-Related Hearing Loss
- Anxiety Disorders
Ratings and Reviews
66 Ratings 11 Comments
|CP concern for questions/worries||5.0|
|CP efforts to include in decisions||5.0|
|CP explanations of prob/condition||5.0|
|CP spoke using clear language||5.0|
|Friendliness/courtesy of CP||5.0|
|Likelihood of recommending CP||5.0|
|Patients' confidence in CP||5.0|
|Time CP spent with patient||4.9|
|Wait time at clinic||4.7|
The overall Patient Rating score is the average of responses to the nine questions listed below. The questions are from the Press Ganey Patient Experience Survey. Responses are measured on a 1 to 5 scale, where 1 represents "very poor" and 5 represents "very good.
- BA, Saint Louis University, 1971
- MD, University of Mississippi School of Medicine, 1975
- Internal Medicine, Misericordia Hospital Medical Center, 1976
- Internal Medicine, Misericordia Hospital Medical Center, 1978
- State University of New York - Stony Brook, 1985
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Geriatric Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine
- American College of Physicians Fellow
- American Geriatrics Society
- Society of General Internal Medicine
- Professor, Gerontology and Geriatric Medicine
Wake Forest Baptist accepts most major health insurance plans for hospital, physician and clinic services and participates in Medicare and Medicaid government programs. For more information, visit Billing and Insurance.
This chart is a list of the most common health insurance plans we accept. This list is subject to change. Please check your individual plan to confirm their participation and the coverage allowed.
Due to the different physician groups and hospitals within the Wake Forest Baptist system, physician services and hospital services are billed separately. Please remember that health insurance coverage varies, so some services may not be covered.
If you don’t see your plan or you have questions, please call our Customer Service Center at 877-938-7497. We will do our best to work with you and your plan.
WFUHS - Wake Forest University Health Sciences (physician services)
NCBH - North Carolina Baptist Hospital
Davie - Davie Medical Center
LMC - Lexington Medical Center
CHC - Cornerstone Healthcare
Wilkes - Wilkes Regional Medical Center
N/A - Not applicable to services provided at facility and/or CHC
NC - Not contracted, very low to no volume for facility and/or CHC
|WAKE FOREST BAPTIST HEALTH|
|MANAGED CARE CONTRACTS - December 2017|
|AETNA (PPO & HMO)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|BCBSNC (PPO & HMO)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|CAROLINA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||X||X||N/A||N/A||X||N/A|
|CIGNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|CIGNA HEALTHSPRING MEDICARE ADVANTAGE||X||X||X||X||X||N/A|
|CIGNA LIFESOURCE (TRANSPLANTS)||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|CRESCENT PPO (ASHEVILLE)||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|FIRST HEALTH (COVENTRY)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|FIRSTCAROLINACARE (PINEHURST, NC)||NC||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|GATEWAY HEALTH ALLIANCE (VIRGINIA)||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|GOLDEN RULE INS (UNITED)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|HEALTHGRAM (formerly PRIMARY PHYSICIAN CARE)||X||X||NC||X||NC||NC|
|HUMANA MEDICARE ADVANTAGE||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|LIBERTY ADVANTAGE (MEDICARE ADVANTAGE)||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|MAGELLAN (BEHAVIORAL HEALTH)||X||X||N/A||N/A||X||N/A|
|OPTUMHEALTH (TRANSPLANTS - APPLICABLE TO NCBH/WFUHS ONLY)||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|PREFERRED CARE OF VA INC||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|SOUTHERN HEALTH SVCS (COVENTRY-PPO ONLY)||X||X||X||NC||X||NC|
|TWIN COUNTY (VIRGINIA)||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|UNITED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||X||X||N/A||N/A||X||N/A|
|UNITED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH INTENSIVE OUTPATIENT PROGRAM (WFUHS ONLY)||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|UNITED HEALTHCARE MEDICARE||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|LEXINGTON ONLY - Contracts specific to support Lexington employer groups, low volume|
|NATIONAL PROVIDER NETWORK/MEDICAL RESOURCES|
|CHC ONLY - Contracts specific to support CHC|
|AETNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH|
CIGNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH (limited providers)
|THN - TRIAD HEALTH NETWORK MA Plans only (Humana Medicare and Healthteam Advantage)|
|N/A = not applicable to services provided at facility and/or CHC|
|NC = Not Contracted, very low to no volume for facility and/or CHC|
|WFUHS - Wake Forest University Health Sciences (professional services)|
|NCBH - North Carolina Baptist Hospital|
|DAVIE - Davie Medical Center|
|LMC - Lexington Medical Center|
|CHC - Cornerstone Healthcare|
|Wilkes - Wilkes Regional Medical Center|
- Effect of intensive diet and exercise on self-efficacy in overweight and obese adults with knee osteoarthritis: The IDEA randomized clinical trial. Mihalko SL, Cox P, Beavers DP, Miller GD, Nicklas BJ, Lyles M, Hunter DJ, Eckstein F, Guermazi A, Loeser RF, DeVita P, Messier SP. Transl Behav Med. 2019 03; 9(2):227-235.
- Intentional Weight Loss in Overweight and Obese Patients With Knee Osteoarthritis: Is More Better?. Messier SP, Resnik AE, Beavers DP, Mihalko SL, Miller GD, Nicklas BJ, deVita P, Hunter DJ, Lyles MF, Eckstein F, Guermazi A, Loeser RF. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2018 11; 70(11):1569-1575.
- Effects of Caloric Restriction on Cardiorespiratory Fitness, Fatigue, and Disability Responses to Aerobic Exercise in Older Adults With Obesity: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Nicklas BJ, Brinkley TE, Houston DK, Lyles MF, Hugenschmidt CE, Beavers KM, Leng X. J. Gerontol. A Biol. Sci. Med. Sci. 2019 Jun; 74(7):1084-1090.
- Syncope, Hypotension, and Falls in the Treatment of Hypertension: Results from the Randomized Clinical Systolic Blood Pressure Intervention Trial. Sink KM, Evans GW, Shorr RI, Bates JT, Berlowitz D, Conroy MB, Felton DM, Gure T, Johnson KC, Kitzman D, Lyles MF, Servilla K, Supiano MA, Whittle J, Wiggers A, Fine LJ. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2018 Apr; 66(4):679-686.
- Change in Bone Mineral Density During Weight Loss with Resistance Versus Aerobic Exercise Training in Older Adults. Beavers KM, Beavers DP, Martin SB, Marsh AP, Lyles MF, Lenchik L, Shapses SA, Nicklas BJ. J. Gerontol. A Biol. Sci. Med. Sci. 2017 Oct; 72(11):1582-1585.