Ratings and Reviews
26 Ratings 4 Comments
|CP concern for questions/worries||4.4|
|CP efforts to include in decisions||4.4|
|CP explanations of prob/condition||4.4|
|CP spoke using clear language||4.6|
|Friendliness/courtesy of CP||4.5|
|Likelihood of recommending CP||4.4|
|Patients' confidence in CP||4.5|
|Time CP spent with patient||4.5|
|Wait time at clinic||3.8|
The overall Patient Rating score is the average of responses to the nine questions listed below. The questions are from the Press Ganey Patient Experience Survey. Responses are measured on a 1 to 5 scale, where 1 represents "very poor" and 5 represents "very good.
- BA, Duke University, 1973
- MD, Duke University School of Medicine, 1977
- Internal Medicine, North Carolina Baptist Hospital, 1978
- Internal Medicine, North Carolina Baptist Hospital, 1980
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine
- American College of Physicians Fellow
- American Society of General Internal Medicine
- Professor, General Internal Medicine
Wake Forest Baptist accepts most major health insurance plans for hospital, physician and clinic services and participates in Medicare and Medicaid government programs. For more information, visit Billing and Insurance.
This chart is a list of the most common health insurance plans we accept. This list is subject to change. Please check your individual plan to confirm their participation and the coverage allowed.
Due to the different physician groups and hospitals within the Wake Forest Baptist system, physician services and hospital services are billed separately. Please remember that health insurance coverage varies, so some services may not be covered.
If you don’t see your plan or you have questions, please call our Customer Service Center at 877-938-7497. We will do our best to work with you and your plan.
WFUHS - Wake Forest University Health Sciences (physician services)
NCBH - North Carolina Baptist Hospital
Davie - Davie Medical Center
LMC - Lexington Medical Center
CHC - Cornerstone Healthcare
Wilkes - Wilkes Regional Medical Center
N/A - Not applicable to services provided at facility and/or CHC
NC - Not contracted, very low to no volume for facility and/or CHC
|WAKE FOREST BAPTIST HEALTH|
|MANAGED CARE CONTRACTS - December 2017|
|AETNA (PPO & HMO)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|BCBSNC (PPO & HMO)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|CAROLINA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||X||X||N/A||N/A||X||N/A|
|CIGNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|CIGNA HEALTHSPRING MEDICARE ADVANTAGE||X||X||X||X||X||N/A|
|CIGNA LIFESOURCE (TRANSPLANTS)||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|CRESCENT PPO (ASHEVILLE)||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|FIRST HEALTH (COVENTRY)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|FIRSTCAROLINACARE (PINEHURST, NC)||NC||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|GATEWAY HEALTH ALLIANCE (VIRGINIA)||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|GOLDEN RULE INS (UNITED)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|HEALTHGRAM (formerly PRIMARY PHYSICIAN CARE)||X||X||NC||X||NC||NC|
|HUMANA MEDICARE ADVANTAGE||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|LIBERTY ADVANTAGE (MEDICARE ADVANTAGE)||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|MAGELLAN (BEHAVIORAL HEALTH)||X||X||N/A||N/A||X||N/A|
|OPTUMHEALTH (TRANSPLANTS - APPLICABLE TO NCBH/WFUHS ONLY)||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|PREFERRED CARE OF VA INC||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|SOUTHERN HEALTH SVCS (COVENTRY-PPO ONLY)||X||X||X||NC||X||NC|
|TWIN COUNTY (VIRGINIA)||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|UNITED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||X||X||N/A||N/A||X||N/A|
|UNITED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH INTENSIVE OUTPATIENT PROGRAM (WFUHS ONLY)||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|UNITED HEALTHCARE MEDICARE||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|LEXINGTON ONLY - Contracts specific to support Lexington employer groups, low volume|
|NATIONAL PROVIDER NETWORK/MEDICAL RESOURCES|
|CHC ONLY - Contracts specific to support CHC|
|AETNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH|
CIGNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH (limited providers)
|THN - TRIAD HEALTH NETWORK MA Plans only (Humana Medicare and Healthteam Advantage)|
|N/A = not applicable to services provided at facility and/or CHC|
|NC = Not Contracted, very low to no volume for facility and/or CHC|
|WFUHS - Wake Forest University Health Sciences (professional services)|
|NCBH - North Carolina Baptist Hospital|
|DAVIE - Davie Medical Center|
|LMC - Lexington Medical Center|
|CHC - Cornerstone Healthcare|
|Wilkes - Wilkes Regional Medical Center|
- Clinical Outcomes by Race and Ethnicity in the Systolic Blood Pressure Intervention Trial (SPRINT): A Randomized Clinical Trial. Still CH, Rodriguez CJ, Wright JT, Craven TE, Bress AP, Chertow GM, Whelton PK, Whittle JC, Freedman BI, Johnson KC, Foy CG, He J, Kostis JB, Lash JP, Pedley CF, Pisoni R, Powell JR, Wall BM, . Am. J. Hypertens. 2017 Dec; 31(1):97-107.
- The 24-month metabolic benefits of the healthy living partnerships to prevent diabetes: A community-based translational study. Pedley CF, Case LD, Blackwell CS, Katula JA, Vitolins MZ. Diabetes Metab Syndr. 2018 May; 12(3):215-220.
- The healthy living partnerships to prevent diabetes and the diabetes prevention program: a comparison of year 1 and 2 intervention results. Vitolins MZ, Isom SP, Blackwell CS, Kernodle D, Sydell JM, Pedley CF, Katula JA, Case LD, Goff DC. Transl Behav Med. 2017 06; 7(2):371-378.
- The Lifestyle Intervention for the Treatment of Diabetes study (LIFT Diabetes): Design and baseline characteristics for a randomized translational trial to improve control of cardiovascular disease risk factors. Katula JA, Kirk JK, Pedley CF, Savoca MR, Effoe VS, Bell RA, Bertoni AG, . Contemp Clin Trials. 2017 02; 53:89-99.
- The use of electronic medical records for recruitment in clinical trials: findings from the Lifestyle Intervention for Treatment of Diabetes trial. Effoe VS, Katula JA, Kirk JK, Pedley CF, Bollhalter LY, Brown WM, Savoca MR, Jones ST, Baek J, Bertoni AG, . Trials. 2016 10; 17(1):496.