All specialties for both pediatric and adults at Wake Forest Baptist Health (WFBH) are now providing safe and secure telehealth services, including:
- e-Visits - Email style visits that can be used to replace in-person appointments for certain non-urgent medical conditions. Patients participating in e-Visits must be actively enrolled in myWakehealth.
- Video Visits - Virtually meet with a specialist via a mobile device or computer. The patient and specialist are able to see and hear each other. Patients participating must have access to a smartphone, tablet or computer (with webcam, microphone and speakers).
- Phone Visits - Telephone-based communication between specialist and patient.
Patient Referral Options
- WakeHealthLink (our Epic Portal)
- Complete the "ambulatory refer to process" via WakeOne (Epic)
- Contact the specialty clinic directly
Many private insurance companies, along with Medicare and Medicaid, are currently covering these telehealth visits. Patients with questions about coverage should contact their insurance carrier directly.
Patients with an existing Wake Forest Baptist Health or Brenner Children's specialist are welcome and encouraged to contact the specialty clinic directly to discuss their telehealth options for future visits.