CareNet is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Wake Forest Baptist Health. Its sole mission is to provide high quality, faith-integrated counseling and behavioral health services to clients and be a resource to the community that enhances mental/spiritual health.
Each of the community-based counseling centers is supported by a local board of directors composed of community corporate, professional, and religious leaders.
CareNet counseling centers provide outpatient counseling for a variety of individual, couple, and family emotional/spiritual health issues.
All CareNet counselors are academically trained and state licensed.
CareNet specializes in faith-integrated counseling that assists the client in identifying and incorporating his or her own faith resources, values, and support systems into the counseling process.
Other services provided include coaching, consultation, educational workshops, retreats, and seminars.
Our services include counseling for:
- Children's issues
- Crisis and trauma
- Grief and bereavement
- Marital issues
- Men's issues
- Religious and spiritual issues
- School-related problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual/physical abuse
- Step/blended families
- Stress management
- Women's issues
A Few Facts About CareNet
- CareNet has approximately 54 certified counselors and psychotherapists. Many are ordained, certified pastoral counselors. Other disciplines represented include clinical psychologists, licensed professional counselors, marriage and family therapists, clinical social workers and substance abuse counselors. A high value is placed on integrated interdisciplinary approaches to treatment.
- CareNet’s clinical staff members are mature and seasoned counselors. The typical counselor has been in professional practice more than 10 years.
- All medically-necessary treatment is supervised by licensed practitioners from a variety of mental health disciplines.
- CareNet clinicians are licensed by the state of North Carolina in their respective professional fields.
- CareNet provided approximately 38,500 hours of outpatient individual, marital, family, and group counseling in fiscal year 2012.
- CareNet is serving clients in 88 North Carolina counties and in 5 adjoining states.
- CareNet has implemented and maintains a rigorous credentialing process for all its clinical employees.
- All CareNet centers are accredited by the Samaritan Institute, a national trade organization dedicated to quality measures for pastoral counseling centers.