Mask Update: The recent CDC guidance on mask wearing for fully vaccinated people does not apply to healthcare settings. We continue to require our patients, staff and visitors to wear masks while inside any of our facilities.
Cold, Flu or Covid-19? We Can Help.
If you are not feeling well, and are concerned it could be serious, our new immediate virtual care service can help.
If it's a dire emergency, dial 911.
Our emergency medicine specialists can assess your sudden illness or injury on a video visit and recommend next steps. If you need in-person care, whether it’s an emergency department, a primary or urgent care or a respiratory clinic, our specialists will alert our staff that you are coming.
Start a Video Visit Now
Video visits are currently conducted through myWakeHealth.
On a Desktop or Laptop
To start a video visit, log into your myWakeHealth account and click on the Immediate Virtual Care link on the right side of the screen. Follow the steps to set up your visit and quickly get connected to one of our specialists.
On a Mobile Device
Download the MyChart app and select Wake Forest Baptist Health as your provider. If you are already using the MyChart app, log in to your account and go to Talk to a Doctor. Follow the steps to set up your visit and quickly get connected to one of our specialists.
We Promise to Keep You Safe, Healthy and COVID-Protected
Following advice from our infectious disease experts, we will be:
- Practicing social distancing in all of our clinic locations
- Minimizing wait times in common areas, like waiting rooms
- Asking our patients to join all providers and clinic staff in wearing masks
- Limiting visitors, with few exceptions
- Cleaning our facilities with strict sanitation protocols
- Conducting screenings for COVID-19 symptoms upon arrival
- Offering expanded access to virtual visits via video or telephone
- Staffing Respiratory Assessment Clinics for patients with COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms