- 3 cups old-fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ tsps.vanilla extract
- 1cup whole natural almonds, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup toasted wheat germ
- ½ cup dried apricots, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/2 cup golden and/or dark raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place oats in two 15 1/2" by 10 1/2" jelly-roll pans. Bake oats 15 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring twice.
- In large bowl, stir together honey, oil, and vanilla. Add toasted oats, almonds and wheat germ; stir to coat well.
- Spread oat mixture evenly in same jelly-roll pans; bake until dark golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Cool in pans on wire racks. Transfer to large bowl and stir in dried fruit.
- Store at room temperature in tightly covered container up to 1 month.