- 2 (16-oz.) cans reduced sodium black eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ cup water
- 3 tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. teaspoon EACH salt and pepper
- 3 cups chopped roasted chicken or turkey
- 1 med. red bell pepper, chopped
- Fresh carrots, sliced into chips
- Place beans and garlic in a food processor; pulse 5 times or until chopped.
- Add ½ cup water, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Pulse until smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- Spread mixture on a large serving platter. Arrange cooked chicken over top. Sprinkle chopped red pepper over top.
Serve with carrot chips.