- 10 chicken legs or thighs
- 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Pat chicken dry and rub all over with a lemon half. Season with salt, pepper and half of rosemary.
- In a heavy skillet heat oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and sear chicken, skin sides down until golden brown. Turn chicken over and squeeze juice from remaining lemons over chicken. Add stock, scraping to loosen brown bits. Cook chicken, covered, over moderately low heat until cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to 2 plates. Add garlic and remaining rosemary to skillet and reduce sauce until desired consistency is reached.
- Drizzle sauce over chicken.