- 1 cup uncooked basmati brown rice
- 2 tbs. rice wine vinegar or your favorite vinegar
- 2 tsps. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. salt-free lemon pepper seasoning blend
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pkg. salad lettuce mix, (about 4 cups packed leaves)
- 1cup dried cranberries, diced
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- Prepare brown rice following package directions. When brown rice is done, fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, lemon pepper seasoning.
- Whisk in olive oil in a thin steady stream until dressing thickens.
- Add brown rice, salad mix, cranberries and almonds and to bowl and toss to combine.
- Serve warm or cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Cooked quinoa, bulgur, or whole-wheat couscous can be substituted for the cooked quinoa, if desired.
- Toast almonds for extra flavor, if desired.