- 3 lb. butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1” dice
- 1 lb. carrots, peeled and cut into 1” dice
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- 3 tbsp. butter substitute
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Steam or boil the squash and carrots until tender.
- In a food processor fitted with the metal blade, combine the cooked vegetables with the ginger, maple syrup, butter substitute, olive oil and pepper. Process until pureed, scraping down the sides of the work bowl as needed.
- Taste for seasonings.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately.